- Professional MBA Program Director
- Associate Dean for Planning and Development
- English MBA Program Director
- Accelerated MBA Program Director
- Regular MBA Program Committee
- Master Level
- Marketing Management
- Seminar in Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Feasibility Study
- Doctoral Level
- Consumer Research
- Seminar in Consumer Behavior
PhD in Marketing, Lancaster University Management School (LUMS), Lancaster University, UK, 2010.
My primary research interests lie in the field of Consumer Behavior and Branding Strategy, particularly symbolic consumption and brand image and personality study. My research topics include:
- Brand Image and Personality
- Self-Brand Image Congruence
- Consumer-Brand Relationships
- Self, Identity and Consumption
- Branding Strategy: Brand Equity, Product/Corporate (Re) Branding
- Consumer Buying Behaviour and Consumption Experience
- Marketing Communication
- Auemsuvarn, Piyaporn and Piya Ngamcharoenmongkol (2022), “Destination personality: a dimensions analysis and a new scale development in Thailand,” International Journal of Tourism Cities, 12 April 2022.
- Nuansi, Phimai and Piya Ngamcharoenmongkol (2021), “Proactive Complaint Management: Effects of Customer Voice Initiation on Perceived Justices, Satisfaction, and Negative Word-of-Mouth,” SAGE Open, 11(3), 1-17.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya and Piyaporn Auemsuvarn (2020), “Brand Personality: Conceptualization and Measurement,” NIDA Business Journal, 27(2), 60-75.
- Ongsakul, Viput, Piya Ngamcharoenmongkol, Warat Kaewpijit, and Boonyawat Soonsiripanichkul (2019), “Customer-based cold chain equity: the application of customer-based brand equity on the food cold chain,” Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12(5), 648-669.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya (2018), “Central Food Retail: Business Expansion and Brand Architecture Strategy,” Asian Case Research Journal, 22 (1), 199-218.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya (2016), “Corporate Brand Synthesis: A Case Study of Corporate Brand Image in the Service Sector,” NIDA Business Journal, 19, 65-79.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya (2014), “Consumers, Reference Groups, and Brand Imagery in Approach and Avoidance Behaviours,” In Academy of Marketing – Marketing Dimensions: People, Places, and Spaces, Bournemouth, July, 2014.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya and Margaret K. Hogg (2014), “Self-Brand Image Congruence Measurement: A New Method”, In Association for Consumer Research – Back to Fun, Baltimore, October, 2014.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya (2014), “Consumers and their Brands: A Consumer-Brand Imagery Perspective,” In 48th NIDA Anniversary Annual Conference – Toward ASEAN Development Administration, Bangkok, April, 2014.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya and Margaret K. Hogg (2013), “Consumer-Brand Congruence: Identifying and Measuring Positively and Negatively Valued Brands,” In Consumer-Brand Relationships Conference – the (R)evolution of Consumer-Brand Relationships, Boston, MA, May, 2013.
- Ngamcharoenmongkol, Piya, Margaret K. Hogg, and Maria Piacentini (2008), “Self-Image Congruence Effects on Consumers’ Brand Evaluations: Examining the Impact of Approach and Avoidance,” Emerging Issues in Customer Behaviour in Multi-Cultural Societies, Customer Research Academy Workshop Series, 30-31.
Manuscripts in Preparation
- Reference Group Brand Usage and Image Congruence: Classifying Positive and Negative Brands
- Consumer-Brand Image Congruence: Developing a new method using a Direct with Non-Dimension-Based Approach
- Positive vs. Negative Drives for Symbolic Consumption Behaviour: A Self-Image Congruence Perspective
- Brand Avoidance Behaviour: A Symbolic Consumption Perspective
- Self-Brand Image Congruence: A Critical Review
Conferences, Training, and Other Qualifications
- Entrepreneurship Essentials, Harvard Business School, 2021
- Risk Management Program for Corporate Leaders (RCL), Thai Institute of Directors (IOD), 2021
- Business Accreditation, AACSB International, 2021
- Continuous Improvement Review, AACSB International, 2021
- Director Accreditation Program (DAP), Thai Institute of Directors (IOD), 2020
- Associate Dean Conference, AACSB International, Phoenix, Arizona, 2018
- Case Method Teaching Seminar Part I, Harvard Business School, 2016
- Macroeconomics of Competitiveness Faculty Workshop, Harvard Business School, 2015
- NIDA-Wharton Executive Leadership Program, 2014
- Marketing Dimensions: People, Places, and Spaces, Academy of Marketing Annual Conference 2014, Bournemouth, UK
- Marketing Relevance, Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, 9-12 July 2013, Cardiff, UK
- Assurance of Learning Seminar, AACSB International, 5-6 June 2013, Singapore
- The (R)evolution of Consumer-Brand Relationships, Consumer-Brand Relationships Conference, 15-17 May 2013, Boston, MA
- Business Accreditation Seminar, AACSB International, 19-20 March 2013, Bangkok, Thailand